Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What I Eat Daily


I have gotten countless requests to show what I typically eat in a day. I have to say that this is by no means what I eat every day! I do switch things up because otherwise I would be bored to death! I try to eat what's in season and I'm also a bargain shopping and like to pick up what's on sale! (:

I also usually try at least one new recipe each week and will make a batch to have throughout the week.

As many of you know, I have tried different lifestyles and ways of eating and at this time in my life, it seems that eating clean is working best for me. I encourage everyone to try different ways of eating to see what works best for them.


Click here to watch this video live!


I usually eat about five to six small meals a day. I eat every two to three hours. I determine by listening to my body and eat when I feel the need. I also drink about 2.5-3 liters of water daily and always start my morning out by drinking a liter, typically.


MEAL 1
 1/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
4 Hard Boiled Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Black Berries
Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
Tbsp Wheat Germ
Coffee w/ Stevia
(I also take my multi-vitamin w/ this meal.)


MEAL 2
 2 Hard Boiled Egg Whites
1/2 Carrot Stick
Celery Stick


MEAL 3
 1.5 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Handful Kale
Handful Spinach
Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1/2 Frozen Banana
Black Coffee
Ice
(I always have a green protein smoothie after my workout.)


MEAL 4

  Two Handfuls Mixed Greens
Homemade Tuna Salad
(Tuna, Celery, Apple, Grapes, Carrot, No Fat Cottage Cheese, Dijoun Mustard, Raw Sunflower Seeds)
Turkey Breast
1 Hard Boiled Egg White
Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Raisins


MEAL 5
Steamed Vegetables
(Brussel Sprouts, String Beans, Asparagus, Sweet Peppers, Edamame)
Grape Tomatoes
Chicken Breast
Balsamic Vinegar



What do you eat in a typical day?

Lots of love!
xx
Liz

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great thanks for sharing Liz..I just want to ask you about the green smoothie, does it taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia18.4.12

    So a few days ago I discovered you youtube videos. I loved them but I am 10 weeks pregnant so a lot of your earlier meal choices I can only have as snacks (great snack ideas though). I am thrilled to see all your wonderful posts on clean eating! I will be making your chicken salad very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if it's not vegan, I do wish I knew more people who at least eat this way. I am still slowly learning what vegetables my boyfriend doesn't like--and there are a looottt. It's hard to cook for him!!

    I am trying to cure arthritis and ulcerative proctitis, so I do eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, and although I've heard of lots of people curing disease on raw, I am having a really hard time finding people who have specifically cured arthritis, so it can be discouraging.

    I usually drink lots of water...I also might drink some tea if I feel inclined, which is usually a couple times a week...I also might juice, usually fruit with a small amount of greens, but I would like to green juice more, 1 or two times a week.

    I also make lots of sweet potatoes and white potatoes, especially if I can't afford more produce.

    Usually dad makes me at least 1 cooked meal a week, like vegan spaghetti or something. I think I should try eliminating this to see if it'll help, but it can be difficult because he loves cooking for people and it's one of the only ways he connects with me. Luckily I'm moving out within the next couple of weeks, so I won't have this issue anymore.

    I usually make tons of banana icecreams and smoothies, and am rather addicted to them.

    And also I tend to make lots of guacamole and dip veggies in that.

    I might have a whole grain like ezekiel bread or oatmeal every once in a while.

    I use spirulina and chlorella often.

    I try to incorporate more protein through soy or soymeats but usually I do get at least 40 grams per day without it.

    I have given up all added sugar except for what's naturally in fruit.

    That's typically what I eat :)

    ReplyDelete