Thursday, March 22, 2012

Raisin Almond Cashew Muffins


Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to share this muffin recipe with you all. It was my first time making this recipe during the filming of this video and I'm thrilled to say that the muffins were a great success! I made a good size batch of them and plan to take them to work this week as my mid-morning snack! (:


Click here to watch this recipe video live!
(Bloopers with Mom at the end!)



INGREDIENTS

1/2 Cup Raw Almonds/Cashews, Chopped


6 Tbsp Flax seed, Ground
4 Tbsp Raisins


6 1/2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder


2 Cups Quinoa, Cooked


2 Small-Medium Size Bananas, Ripe/Mashed


1 Cup Skim, Almond or Soy Milk


RECIPE

- Mix dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add in bananas and milk; mix until well combined.
- Add in nuts, flax seed and raisins; mix until well combined.
TIP:
(I started out using a metal whisker but found it was easier to mix with the electric mixer.)

- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin pan and cook for 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. 
(The center of the muffins should be firm to the touch.)


Enjoy!



Lots of love!
xx
Liz

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome recipe! I love that you used quinoa..great idea! :)

    Have a nice weekend, Liz!

    ReplyDelete