Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Plank - My Favorite Abdominal Exercise


Hi everyone!

If you're ready to get some killer abs and obliques, I can't recommend the plank exercise enough! I've been doing this move consistently for the past few months and it has strengthened and toned my core so much! Of course, to get the optimal results you want, you need to make sure that you are also eating a healthy diet and doing cardio consistently.



Click here to watch this video live.



THE PLANK


- Get into push up position and then slowly lower your arms to be on your forearms.
- Lower your body to form a straight line and hold plank for as long as possible.
- If you are a beginner, 15-20 seconds is a great goal. Slowly work your way up to 30-95 seconds.





You can also do the side plank where you work your obliques.

- Lie on your side with your feet stacked.
- Slowly lift your body up, weight of your body stabilized by your forearm and form a straight line.
- Hold for 15-95 seconds depending on your level of fitness.



Hope you enjoyed this exercise!




Lots of love!
xx
Liz

3 comments:

  1. I love doing the plank! I do these two versions almost everyday to help strengthen my core. BUT I dont look as good as you when doing them.. :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing planks! They work everything I feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abdominal exercises and primary strength. Then try to find the abs workouts that can produce the best possible results for your body shape. Such a system should include not only abs workouts, but various other workouts that are contrasting to them to provide a balance.

    wbv

    ReplyDelete