Sunday, February 05, 2012

Homemade Energy Bars Recipe!


As a lot of you know, I've been training to run a half marathon this coming February and have had to run quite a few long runs. A lot of times when exercising for long periods of time, it's smart to have some sort of food with you to keep your glycogen storage full otherwise you could possible "hit the wall" which means you run completely out of energy, become disoriented and basically have to stop whatever you're doing - not fun!

This leads me to this recipe. I created these energy bars because I wanted to have something healthy with me during my 10 mile runs. These energy bars are so easy to make and taste AMAZING! When I was running my 10 mile run this past weekend, I was pumping myself up mentally by telling myself that in "15 more minutes I'll get to take another bite" - aha aha!! (:

Click here to watch this recipe video live!






INGREDIENTS

 1/4 Cup Hazelnuts
(Use whatever nuts you like)


 8 Deglet Nour Dates
(If you're using Medjool dates, use 5-6)


 1 Tsp Natural Peanut Butter


 1 Tbsp Honey



RECIPE


Blend all ingredients together in food processor until well combined.

 


Divide mixture and press flat into plastic wrap. Freeze until ready to eat.



Lots of love!
xx
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.2.12

    Great post! Thanks Liz! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmm, these look so yummy! :) I love making homemade energy and protein bars. I love that you can decide on all the ingredients. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great !!
    Most of us value using your post.Preserve Submitting...
    Thank you giving., helpful information and facts.

    All-Clad Copper-Core Butter Warmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz do you use cinnamon? I noticed you could have used it in this and in the energy bar recipes. It's good for stabolizing blood sugar, at least taht is what I heard. Just wondering, but thanks for your recipe, I am pouring thru the web and Youtube for healthy recipes. =D

    ReplyDelete