Friday, February 10, 2012

Beauty Interview w/ my Mom!


I'm so happy to bring you this beauty interview featuring my gorgoues Mother, Delores! (:

As most of you know, I am now in the states visiting my family and friends. I'm having SUCH an amazing time! I feel like time is already going by too fast but I'm trying my best to stay in the moment and enjoy each and every moment!

I was thinking about what beauty post to do this Friday and I thought that it would be fun to feature my Mom and ask her what has made her feel and look beautiful throughout the years.


Just love her!
She has such a sweet and humble spirit.
<3



Click here to watch this video  live.



A few points that we hit on our interview were...


PUTTING EFFORT INTO YOUR APPEARANCE
- On most days, my Mom does her hair and makeup and puts together a cute outfit.
- This gives her a "boost" and makes her feel more confident when out and about.
- She also notes that she has days "off" when she's gardening and  gives her skin and hair a break.


EATING HEALTHY
- My Mom eats a lot of fresh produce daily. She loves all fruit and vegetables and eats what's in season.
- She tends to eat smaller, more frequent meals than three large meals a day.
- She also doesn't ever stuff herself and eats very slowly, enjoying each bite.
- My Mom also believes it's important to treat yourself every once in a while. She values balance in all areas of life.
- Her favorite treat... chocolate!!
(Thanks for reuining all the healthy eating advice I've been doing, Mom!!! Aha ha!!)


SKINCARE
- My Mom makes an effort to drink a good amount of water, especially in the warmer months when she is outdoors a lot.
- She has fair skin so, throughout her life, she has not been in the sun very much. She does enjoy getting small doses of sun daily for vitamin D but has never been someone to "lay out".
- She also values using a good skincare system that is moisturizing. She notes that it doesn't have to be anything expensive but something that you use consistently.
- Taking off her makeup nightly is something that has also made her skin look beautiful as the years have gone by.
(Although she just admitted to me that she fell asleep with hers on last night! Aha ha!!)



STAYING ACTIVE
- My Mom is not a person to go to the gym or to go for a run but she is always moving around! Thinking back, I rarely remember my Mom sitting on the couch unless we were watching a family movie or it was around bedtime and she was falling asleep on the couch!
- She loves to garden and can easily spend the entire day outside. This and walking are her favorite forms of exercise.
- Even if my Mom is inside of her house most of the day, she is always moving around doing things.


SLEEP
- Sleep is crucial for her. Her and I both HAVE to get our sleep or we are like different people... in a bad way! Aha ha!
- She has always made getting a good night's rest a priority.


FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- My Mom notes that it's important to feel like you are part of a community.
- She has many great family and friends that she often relies on and that often help her out and she loves to have fun with.



Thank you so much for reading!


Lots of love!
xx
Liz

4 comments:

  1. This was adorable. I enjoyed it. Your mom looks radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED watching this video! You and your mom are both so sweet and SO beautiful from the inside and out!
    I hope you have an amazing time in the States with your friends and family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and great info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! your mom looks fabulous! When I'm her age I hope to look that youthful, and happy too :)

    Thanks for sharing!


    www.This-Daring-Adventure.com

    ReplyDelete