Monday, January 23, 2012

Natural Peanut Butter Recipe


I'm so excited to bring you this recipe because it is a favorite of mine! I'm American so it's basically in my blood to love peanut butter. I grew up eating peanut butter on tons of different foods and with jam in sandwiches. For me, it brings back so many childhood memories. I can honestly say this is a food that I've been eating my entire life.

You're probably wondering if this is actually healthy and the answer is YES! The only part that can get you into trouble is if you are not eating a natural nut butter. You want to avoid all other nut butters because they are loaded with extra ingredients that are not healthy.

Natural nut butters, like the recipe below, can be a great source of healthy fats. Yes, it is true that we don't need to eat very much fat but a little bit is healthy! When I eat peanut butter I have to measure it out or else I'm likely to eat too much. I usually go with about a tbsp to eat with a slice of toasted whole wheat bread or an apple.

Click here to watch this recipe video on my YouTube channel.



 - INGREDIENTS -

- Roasted peanuts, 4 cups
Use any amount of nuts you like and any type of raw or roasted nuts you like. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamias and pecans will all make delicious nut butters!

- Oil, 10 tbsp
You can use peanut oil, olive oil, coconut oil etc. You might need to adjust the amount of oil based on the type of nut you're using; just eyeball it.

* OPTIONAL *

- Honey
I personally love to add honey to give the peanut butter some sweetness.

- Cinnamon
I love cinnamon on just about everything.

- Salt
I choose not to add salt to my nut butters because I like to keep my recipes really clean but you might enjoy a pinch or two.



- RECIPE -

- Place nuts and oil (and all other ingredients) in food processor and blend until you reach your desired consistency.





If this doesn't look good, I don't know what does!



Seriously, who doesn't love peanut butter? If you don't like peanut butter, I bet there's another type of nut butter you like! Is there really anyone out there who doesn't like peanut butter? (Let me know in the comment section). I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like it.


Let me know if you try this recipe!

Lots of love!
xx
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Smiley23.1.12

    Loving your recipes Liz! How do you store your peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I store mine in a glass, air tight jar! (: xx

    ReplyDelete