Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm BACK!! Update!


Hi everyone!

So, I know it’s been such a long time since I posted a video (about a month) but it’s been literally forever (or at least that’s how it feels) since I posted to my blog! I feel like such a blog slacker. I’ve missed you guys so much!

With it being a new year and all, I figured, what better time to start regularly updated my blog again? I’ve made it one of my, unofficial, New Year’s Resolutions for 2012. It also comes at a perfect time because I’ve been having MAJOR problems in the filming/editing/uploading department!

Where do I begin?

-          Firstly, December is one of our busiest months at work because of the holidays. Is it just me or does everyone seem to get overly obsessed about their hair during this month? I was so busy working at the salon that filming got pushed to the back burner. :/

-          Secondly, I’ve been having complications with Adobe Premiere Elements, the editing software I use. Every time I try to edit a video it tells me that I need to update my display driver which I have no idea how to do and neither does anyone else I have talked to. I’ve tried researching online how to fix this problem but I still haven’t figured it out. I can still use the software, however, I can’t see the video as I’m editing them, I can only hear them. I’ve actually edited a couple of videos by sound only. This sounds funny now that I’m typing it.

-          Thirdly, I ruined my filming camera! -.- We recently went on a day trip to see a live nativity and I packed a book bag filled with my necessities for the day. Well, when I went to get something from my bag I noticed my water bottle had leaked and my camera was SOAKED! It has not functioned since. :/ Does anyone know if the camera can be repaired or do I just need to buy a new one? I feel so bad because this was a Christmas gift from my brother last year. Sorry Jon! This was an expensive lesson learned, that’s for sure!


I also want to give you guys a quick exercise update. As many of you know, I’m scheduled to run a half marathon (my first) when we visit the states next month. Yay, for a much need vacation! I’m currently running about six times a week doing one long run, one moderate distance run, a tempo run and then a few easy 5k runs. Last weekend I ran my first eight miles ever, nonstop! :D I’m also still doing the Insanity workout DVDs but I’m not doing them every day since my half marathon training is now taking priority. I usually do the DVDs on the days when I run the easy 5ks. It’s been averaging about three times a week.

Well, these are all the updates that I have for you at this point. I will be bringing more updates because I’ve got some pretty excited things going on in my life! (:

Wishing you a wonderful day!
Lots of love!
xx
Liz

6 comments:

  1. So nice to have you back!

    All the best for you! And you made me curious ;o)

    Love and light,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Which 1/2 marathon are you running? I'm also running my first one next month too (the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland :) Good luck and happy training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Soo glad your back! I've missed your videos and blog posts! <3

    I hope you can get your camera and computer fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to see a post from you! And I'm so glad to hear that you are injury-free and back to running. <333
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried to just search for the name of your graphics card + drivers. Do you know the name of your graphic card?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous14.1.12

    glad you're back! I've heard that letting a wet appliance sit in a bowl of uncooked rice is supposed to absorb all the water and revive the appliance. Maybe give that a go? Best of luck with that and thanks for being back!

    ReplyDelete