Saturday, April 09, 2011

Raw Vegan Pie Recipe


This is my first attempt at making a raw low fat vegan pie and I have to say, I think it turned out quite nicely!
I'm proud of myself! (:

Click here to see this recipe video live.


YOU WILL NEED/INGREDIENTS...

Two pie dishes, coverd in aluminum foil
(foil is for easy lifting of the pies)



 3 Cups Strawberries



3.5 Large Bananas 



300g Raisins
(check to make sure there are no stems attached)



**RECIPE**

 - Blend raisins in food processor with a little water
- Place in pie dish and pack down



 - Blend bananas with a little water, pour on top of raisin layer



 - Blend strawberries with a little water, pour into the other pie dish
- Cover dishes with plastic wrap and freeze overnight
- Lift out layers and stack together
- Decorate pie with fresh fruit






A delicious and healthy dessert perfect for the warming weather!


Lots of love!
Liz

11 comments:

  1. Mmmm looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog about a week ago and I love it! I am not on a raw vegan diet but at the same token I'm intrigued by your dishes. Currently, I am abstaining from eating meat and chicken for religious purposes so some of your dishes have been helpful for me. I will return to eating those meats but not as much as I had in the past because I don't want to put my body through that rough detox it had gone through originally. Thanks for sharing your diet with us =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy10.4.11

    Hi Liz!

    Your recipes and photos always look enticing! I'm considering a move to a more vegetarian diet, inc. eventually raw vegan. Question - have you or your physician noticed any change in your sugar levels considering all the fruit included in the 30bad diet? Just curious - I'm not diabetic but do feel ill if I eat too much sugar, natural or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll have to try this! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz.
    This looks amazing I think I'll try making one of those during my easter holliday. Thanks for a great blogpost, I would love more like these.
    Hugs Ida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After watching this I went to store to buy strawberries and started making this pie. That was yesterday. And it is delicious! :)

    beauty-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious! thanks for the recipe :)



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! That is certainly a pie no one could feel guilty about having :). I just discovered your love for 100% Pure Cosmetics, and I am right there with you!!!! I am struggling, because I just spent a fortune on ordering all their products, but I know that I would eventually buy them all and all my other cosmetics in my bathroom now seem toxic to me (because I know that there ingredients in them that I should allow my body to absorb). Thank you so much for inspiring me to be a better person (to myself and others). The internet is so awesome for having people like you on it! P.S. Please do a review of your next 100% Pure haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this recipe, strawberries are my favorite fruits, the flavor of them and bananas.
    A delicious and healthy at final are really good! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete