Thursday, December 02, 2010

My Raw Low Fat Vegan Lifestyle


Hi all!

Today I want to talk to you about my raw low fat vegan lifestyle. Most of you know that approximately four and a half months ago I started eating a raw food vegan diet. For those of you who aren’t familiar with a raw food vegan diet, it simply means that one only consumes uncooked food and does not consume animal products. No other creature in nature needs to cook its food before consumption so why do we humans cook our food? Gives you something to think about…




The foods that we were designed to eat don’t need to be cooked. Fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds are the foods that our bodies were designed to eat. You don’t need to kill ANYTHING to survive!



I eased myself into this new way of eating because I was feeling fatigued, stressed, and was lacking mental clarity a lot of the time. Deep down I knew that I could feel better and I decided to give this new way of eating a try. Because this way of eating is extreme, I told myself I would try it for one day and see how I felt. Well, like I said above, it’s now been over four months and I have never felt this great in my entire life. I now have such a clear mind and that I have NEVER experienced before in my life without stimulants! This has been a HUGE breakthrough for me! I would HIGHLY recommend this lifestyle to anyone who is looking to improve their health, energy levels, appearance, athletic performance, sense of calmness, mental clarity and many more benefits!



I started off eating a raw high fat vegan diet, which means I was eating fresh fruits and vegetables but also a lot of nuts, oil, and olives which are all high in fat and do not promote health. Yes, we do need some healthy fat into our diet but only in small doses. I feel so blessed because I have discovered the raw low fat vegan 80/10/10 or RLFV 811 early on in my journey with raw food. To eat RLFV 811 you daily need to eat a large amount of carbohydrates from large quantities of fresh fruit and also incorporate fresh vegetables. You also need to eat a small amount of protein and fat from nuts, seeds and avocados, etc. You eat 80% in carbohydrates, 10% in protein, and 10% in fat. This way of eating is AMAZING!




I’m feeling great and am enjoying each day more than the day before. I’m so excited to keep expanding my knowledge about eating a raw low fat vegan diet. The simplicity of it is beautiful!



Lots of love!


15 comments:

  1. What a great post ;)
    Hope to see and read more about your diet :)
    Greetings from SVK
    xxxJude

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jude Thanks, Jude!! How are you? (: I will be posting more about my diet. Lots of love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspirational, Liz! I can't believe it's been that long since you started. I just had a long conversation with my mom over Thanksgiving about why I'm a vegetarian, and many of the reasons you listed above apply. I wonder though, if I would feel even better with the diet you described. I think it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so inspiring! I've already made the move towards vegetarianism. I'm incorporating a lot of raw foods into my diet too. I'm still eating eggs though but I'm trying to move away from that as well. Kind of hard when you still live at home. But I'm inspired by you every day and I still am trying every day to go more and more vegan. Its been a gradual process for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post and I look forward to seeing more about your Vegan diet! I became Veggie to lose weight for my wedding, and was amazed at how little effort it took to shift a whopping 12 kgs! Have eased off A LOT since, but thankfully not put any weight back on; however I have always been super interested in the Raw diet and just haven't had the guts to try it yet so would love to see more about how you started and adapted to this way of life! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashley I've been spending a lot of time with my Mom explaining to her why I eat raw vegan. She's pretty much vegetarian right now but has started to incorporate a lot more raw into her diet. I think you would feel even better eating raw vegan... maybe slowly transition into it? Let me know if you ever have any questions! (:

    @ferociousfaerie I'm so glad I can inspire you! That's why I do my videos and blog posts! (: Moving gradually into a new way of eating is the best thing to do! No rush... just incorporating more raw foods into your diet means you're moving in the right direction!

    @Janaiana Thanks! I've just been so inspiried lately to blog about my raw vegan lifestyle. There will be more to come! (; Lots of love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I became a vegetarian 3 years a go because I couldn't stand the thought that I was eating an animal that was tortured just so I could have it on my plate. I don't think I could be a vegan because I love eggs, pasta, soy milk etc.. but it's something that I really admire because I don't think that we need to treat bad other creatures so we can have a meal (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6.12.10

    Liz,
    I purchased the 80-10-10 book you speak of here and it is very informative. I am 3 months pregnant right now...I am hoping to shift into more 80-10-10 eating when I deliver, until then, I just eat tons of raw veggies and fruit with my regular diet....which is pretty healthy....I just need to give up chocolate cookies!!! ;)

    xx, Denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see more recipes from you...and another "what I eat" vid would be FANTASTICO!!! :D

    xx, Denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did raw vegan for about 2 years and fell off the wagon, gained weight and feel terrible. I have decided to go back on raw this week! I saw your youtube videos- very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz, thanks for your sharing your experience. I've been eating a lots of greens veggies and every kind of fresh raw veggies and fruits for a 5 months and I've been experiencing mind clarity and serenity like never before, like I can immediately see how food is our medicine. Nothing I've tried before was working like this and I am so happy. Looking forward for your new posts.
    xx, Keti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liz, thanks so much for this post- i've been eating more and more fruits lately, fall is a great time to eat fruits, and I've felt soo good. I've had problems with not being sure when to stop eating- I'd eat even if I'm full because I've discovered that foods like bread and certain other foods make it hard for you to know when to stop. There have been days when all I've eaten has been fruit- and I can say that my body now tells me when I'm really hungry and when I really need to stop eating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting this update! I've been working towards high raw now for about a month. I have ups and downs but even with those off days, I still feel the benefits of incorporating more fruits and veggies!

    - Kareen
    http://iameatingright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous26.5.11

    this sounds amazing! but i am just wondering? are u against animaltesting as well?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5.3.12

    Taking a plant from the soil is killing it. I agree no other animals cook food before they eat it, however many of them process it in some form or another, for example alligators store dead animals under logs in the water allowing them to rot for a whiles making it more digestible for them. All things in balance, cooking food is fine eating meat is fine we simply must moderate and balance it.

    Historically very few peoples could actually survive on raw food diets, the few plants that provide B12 to us are not available everywhere. plants themselves are not available everywhere. The consumption of only raw foods as a whole would lead to the destruction of most nothern cultures where plant life is not readily available for a significant portion of the year.

    To live 'naturally' as I understand it from your point of view we would have to live in a far more limited environment.

    I'm against eating meat because for every pound of meat we get we feed ten pounds of edible grains to the livestock, with food in short commodity in so much of the world this is not at the moment sustainable for a significant period of time and we must either scale back now or overcome the eventual crash.

    Finally some peoples actually consume meat with out cooking it, however it must be fresh.

    -Bs_blakley@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete