Saturday, November 06, 2010

Raw Chips & Salsa Recipe - Recipe


The other day I was craving a food that was crunchy and also dippable.

To statisfy my craving, I came up with this tasty number.


Click the link below to view this recipe video live.



Vegetables used for Salsa/Dip


Fresh, chopped veggies for dipping


The finished product - the salsa/dip



INGREDIENTS

SALSA
1/3 Cucmber, Peeled and Chopped
1/4 Large Red Pepper, Chopped
1/2 Small Green Pepper, Chopped
Few Onion Slices
1/3 Avocado, Sliced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

"CHIPS"
2 Cucumbers, Peeled and Chopped
6 Leaves Red Leaf Lettuce or Romaine
1/3 Large Red Pepper, Sliced vertically
1/2 Small Green Pepper, Sliced vertically
OR
Your choice of FRESH veggies


RECIPE
Blend all salsa ingredients together until smooth consistancy is formed.
It's okay if there are chunks; salsa tastes better that way. (;

Enjoy dipping all of your fresh, crunchy veggies into this delicious and healthy salsa!



xx
Liz

4 comments:

  1. you said in your video that today's recipe is higher in fats than how u usually eat, are you sure ? I mean it's just pepper cucumber salad, where are the fats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alexandra The fats are in the avocado & olive oil. I usually eat the way Dr. Douglas Graham suggests... 80% Carbs from fruit/veggies, 10% protein, and 10% fat and I feel the best I've ever felt! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING. I'm definitely making this for snack sometime.
    I have to say your eyes are beautiful, I just saw some of your make up pictures below. Also, I wanted to ask you--you made a video about the benefits of raw, and you listed typical things that any raw foodist experiences, clear skin, eyes, energy, etc. I wanted to know, now that you've been doing it for a while if you still feel the same way. Also have you gotten any blood work, and how long have you been eating like this. I am just using your information to supplement my own conclusions. I've been eating raw for a while now, and my blood showed that I was low in iron. I'm working on fixing that now but intend on maintaining my raw ways.

    xoxox Amy

    ReplyDelete