Saturday, October 02, 2010

Date/Coconut Roll - Raw Dessert Recipe


This recipe has become one of my new favorites for several different reasons...


1... I love sweets and this is a super sweet treat
2... It's super easy to create; it only contains four ingredients and it's fun to make
3... It's 100% raw and healthy (:

(Even people who don´t eat a raw diet will love this treat!)


Click the link below to view this recipe video live...




INGREDIENTS

2 cups Dates, without pits
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Almonds, ground finely
3/4 cup Coconut, shredded



RECIPE

- Place dates and raisins in food grinder. Grind until well blended.
- Use your hands to combine 1/2 cup of ground almonds with date and raisin mixture.
- Roll mixture into balls, about the size of a ping pong ball, and roll in ground coconut or almond.

Enjoy!

What´s your favorite raw or healthy dessert recipe?

xx
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Liz, Thx for this recipe! i'll definitely try it:)
    oh, by the way..the other day, I did a vegetable juice. It's really good. I got the recipe from a book called' Juicing for life' ..Here's the recipe:

    1/2 apple (remove the seeds)
    1 beet (without the skin)
    4 carrots
    1/4 inch ginger root

    1/2 cup of water ( or more..it depends if you want the juice to be more concentrated or not)

    You have to blend everything together. Then you just separate the juice from the fiber. Let me know if you like it:)
    Take care
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay Liz,

    I was already familiar with this recipe.
    I also made a few with raw-sesame seeds, instead of coconut.
    You can also take peanuts instead of almonds in the dade mixture. It kind off tastes like peanutbutter, it's very nice.

    Bye

    Ps. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ofelia6.10.10

    I made the recepie but alter it a bit. I had dates but no raisins, and I had some rawcacao.Yuammi!

    Check this blog out, i think you will like it.
    http://loveraw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I just made these and have to say they are awesome. And so easy :-).

    Libby

    ReplyDelete