Thursday, July 01, 2010

Supplements I Take...

I am currently reading an AMAZING book, "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross.



In this book, Julia, explains the importance of taking natural supplements to help us overall feel our bests.

She talks about four common "moods" that most people can identify with atleast one or more of these four "moods". She recommends taking various natural supplements to help you become more balanced and ultimately conquer your "moods".

Before reading this book, I really had no knowledge of supplements and their benefits.

Julia suggests that everyone take "basic supplements" which I will talk about below.


Vitamin C
It is an essential vitamin and one of the most important to the body. It keeps testosterone levels high so we can perform on demand.


Magnesium
A mineral found in every single cell in your body. Helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, keeps the rhythm of your heart steady, and your bones strong. It is also involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.



Fish Oil
It helps to maintain a healthy brain and nervous system. The oil from fish itself is said to promote healthy brain, nerve and visual function, a healthy heart and joint flexibility.



Calcium
It is among one of the three most important minerals for athletes. It is known famously for promoting health and strong bones. Low intake of calcium results in inability of the muscles to relax. It is also very important for fat metabolism.



Vitamin D
It is a classified steroid-hormone. It can help regulate the phosphorus balance and helps maintain and healthy heart and nerves.




B Complex
This vitamin is not a single vitamin but rather the extracts contain several vitamins. These vitamins have been given numbers to better identify them. B6 helps promote a healthy liver, B9 helps absorbs things in the cells, and B12 helps give you energy.



Multivitamin
It is thought of that no one who is training can reach their true potential unless they are taking a multivitamin because they provide so many necessary vitamins and minerals that our bodies need.


I am really feeling great since starting to take my supplements!

Do you all take any supplements?
If so, which do you take?

Besos from Spain!
Liz

5 comments:

  1. B Complex is great, I always start taking it when I feel run-ragged. I'd love to take fish oil, but sadly my tummy doesn't = reflux (sorry, gross I know!)
    Kat x Click&Make-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take a multivitamin, Zinc, Vitamin C, Biotin, and Fish Oil. I definitely want to check this book out very soon! It seems really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post/video, you are one of my favorite people on youtube, you are always so happy and sincere, your health videos are so inspiring! I cant wait to see more videos, I definitely want to read this book now, I have been taking fish oil and b complex for awhile but I am interesting in learning about which other supplements might give me then nutrients I need and help my body too. You should post more recipes, the pictures from your What I Eat video looked so delicious! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i only take omega3 and lecitine but i think that u shouldn't go for too many suplements because they're not natural

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ym god you couldnt have posted this at a better time. I keep going moody with my boyfriend. thank you xxxx

    ReplyDelete